The Musings of a Hideous Mind is also avaialble for a free preview on Bookbzzr.com



Wednesday 1 September 2010

Awakening

When it happened, it was as simple as a cloud passing over the sun; a slight line of darkness that passed over the world forever changing it. It was a Thursday afternoon, around 14.30 in the middle of July. I was at the beach with my family and some of our friends, simply celebrating the summer, beer, barbeque and games. Then it happened.

People fell like stones, a gust of wind blew us all to the ground and when we awake it had all changed.

Not for me, I was one of the lucky ones, or are we unlucky now?

For when I woke my thirst was for the cold beer in the cooler beside me, the hot summer sun having pulled as much liquid from me as it could during the seemingly global nap time. The others however awoke with a different thirst altogether. A hunger, a craving for human flesh, and when the sun went down that summer day, it was a different meat entirely that was sizzling on the barbeque.

No comments: