The Musings of a Hideous Mind is also avaialble for a free preview on Bookbzzr.com



Thursday 23 September 2010

Can't Build Love

April 21st 2010

Then restaurant was lovely, everything that I had hoped it would be. The atmosphere elegant, the music perfect even for a hopeless romantic suck as myself. The staff were courteous and friendly. Every request was greeted by a smile, every sentence finished with a sir. I am not usually one to enjoy such ceremony, I find the very thought of servants a frightening one, but tonight it was perfect, just what the doctor ordered shall we say.

We arrived together, and she looked stunning, the dress I had bought her hugged her figure perfectly. I could see almost every head in the restaurant turn at stare at us as we walked in. . . and well....let's face it they weren't looking at me.

Sitting across from her at the dinner table I felt utterly calm and at peace, her beautiful face and the flowing raven black locks that tumbled from it with a natural wave held my mind captivated. Her green eyes held mine and we talked, we actually talked for the first time. It was out first real date that is true, but I feel like we have known each other for so long already, I guess that's what happens when you are friends first.

The necklace I had given her sparkled under the chandelier lighting, the base of the crucifix just disappearing between her cleavage, pushed up by the dress to an enticing level.

She looked for want of a better word, perfect.

As the night wore on, the lights were dimmed, candles were lit at each table and the live music began, a violinistand a female singer who soft melodious tones filled everyone's mind like a fine wine, it was almost hypnotic.

We ate our deserts with my left and her right hand together on top of the table, our gazes never breaking, not for one moment. We were both lost, the intensity of our love beginning to blossom, we could both feel it . When . . .

At first it was barely noticeable, it looked more like a stain on the front of her dress, but slowly it spread. More appeared, even the one along her hair line began to leak, at first it was a clear fluid, the sealant wearing off, Just seepage I told myself in an attempt to stave off the panic. Not her, please, I can't lose her too,

The blood soon began to flow, bubbling to the surface at first like a the result of a nasty cat scratch, but I knew from experience that was the beginning of the end.

I called for the cheque, paid and left swiftly, carrying her most of the way back to the car to preserve her as best as possible. Experiment 746 had been another failure, but it was too late to get back to the cemetery tonight, plus I was in no mood for digging.

She is now in the tub, an ice bath, maybe there is still time for me to get lucky with her tonight. Tomorrow I'll have to take her apart, I should be able to re-use some bits, but I just don't know where I will find another set of eyes like that, not that fresh at least. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Just need to attach the electrodes to the new brain and set 747 to charge and then I will go check on my love.

No comments: