The Musings of a Hideous Mind is also avaialble for a free preview on Bookbzzr.com



Wednesday 1 September 2010

The Interrogation

“I’ve seen your record; you got a long list of felonies after your name.” The office slapped the three inch thick paper file onto the table. It rattled around the interrogation room like a gunshot.”Tell me something” He sneered, leaning in so close to his suspect that his spit speckled the man’s glasses. “Are you just fucking stupid, or do you want to get caught? I just can’t decide which one it is.” He stood back off again, moving to one side he resumed his pacing up and down. Overhead the long fluorescent light bulb flickered.

“It’s alright.” His partner spoke. She had been quiet up until now. “It’s a tough world out there, now more than ever, it’s only natural that certain urges will come over you. We understand” She spoke softly to him. His mind was confused, she understands me. Johnny thought to himself. Behind him the first officer let out a loud TSK sound of disapproval.

“I don’t know what you mean.” Johnny stammered his voice was wavering; sweat poured from his face and stung his eyes. He was full of energy, legs bouncing nervously on the balls of his feet.
Powerful hands clamped down on his shoulder as the first office snarled in his ears. “Come on you little bitch. Tell me. Tell me what you like to do with those little girls. Come on. You’re such a big man, talk to me. Let me know what you like about them so fucking much. Hey . . . Bitch.” He spat the last word directly into Johnny’s face, their heads so close together their eyelashes almost collided every time they blinked. The cop had one hand around his neck and the other holding him by the front of the shirt.

“Just tell us, come on, this is your chance to explain yourself to us, we won’t judge you.” The nice one, the women whispered into his left ear. It was her turn to walk around now while he remained held in the vice like grip.

“I’m sorry.” Johnny cracked, his mind exploding as the tears began to roll. “I couldn’t help it, I love them.” He stuttered, trying to speak to the distraught waves of emotion that were flooding through him. Fear of punishment forgotten.

“You’re sick. You think that makes you a man, a tough guy. What you would do if I brought a little kid in here right now hey?” The male office released his grip pushing Johnny with such force the chair he was tied to slid backwards on the concrete floor of the room. “Why not pick on women, hey or are they too much for you to handle you little faggot.” The office snarled slamming his fist into the wall.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry” Johnny driveled, “I’ll be good, I promise, I won’t let them go again, I’ll feed on them all. Drain ‘em dry.” He begged, snot ran freely from his nose and mixed with the tears that covered his cheeks pooling together on the floor in a semi congealed mass.
“It’s too late for that now Johnny” The women whispered in his ears.

“Yep.” The male answered, smiling as he stared down at Johnny’s bound form.”It’s a staking for you at sunrise.” He said as they left, slamming the door behind them leaving Johnny alone, the light went out as their footsteps echoed down the corridor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the twist!!! Really good.